[CCing the Vim and Vim-Dev lists. Not that it did any good the last time I raised this subject.]

It is NOT me, dammit! Someone on the Vim list is infected with a virus that trawls through his address book and forges the From address. I too get dozens of virus-laden emails every week that purport to be from various people on the Vim list. Bram, Henk, Arpaffdy, and my own name are some of the names that I see regularly. This has been going on for at least two years :-(

This laptop has been running a fresh install of Ubuntu 6.06 for the last four weeks, so if you've seen any mails from me in that interval, it definitely wasn't me. And I run antivirus and antispyware software when I'm running Windows, and I keep the signatures up to date.

Vimmers, for the love of God, download antivirus and antispyware software, and run a scan on your machines.

Windows users, start here: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/default.mspx

/George

@ Rocteur CC wrote:
I can't believe it, is this really you.

I receive at least 5 spams a week from your email address.

I can't believe it, is this a legitimate mail from you ?

I'll be damned, the worlds biggest spammer is from the VIM list..

I didn't realize..

Virus, worms, spam, you name it, I get it from your address, I always thought it was a phony email address and now I see it is a real one..

Can you not do something about this ?

Anyway, I have hundreds of spam mail from you and it was a shock to see one that was not spam..

Jerry