Tim Chase wrote:
> Marc Demlenne wrote:
>> How is it possible, using GVIM, to forbid Windows executing commands
>> destinated to VIM?
>> e.g CTRL-V (Virtual select) is interpreted as "Paste" by MS. CTRL-A as
>> "select all", ...
>> How can I disable this, and retrieve unix-like behaviour in my gvim ?
>

> Likely your vimrc is directly or indirectly sourcing mswin.vim and to
> remedy the matter, just edit your vimrc file and remove the line that
> reads something like
>
>     runtime mswin.vim
>
> or
>
>     source mswin.vim
>
> Nuke the line, and you should be good to go.
>
> It might be slurped in indirectly via the example_vimrc.vim file, in
> which case you'll want to nuke/modify that instead.
>
> -tim

Robert Hicks wrote:
Marc Demlenne wrote:
That's it ...

Thanks very much !

I did this recently as well. I figure why would I want platform specific when I use it multi-platform. For me, just learning, I have learn a whole lot more about how to use Vim. Plus the mswin stuff can cause issues with things (I read this in this group).

:Robert

After reading ":help mswin.vim" and ":help :behave" (some time ago, while 6.1 was still "the latest") I made sure my vimrc invoked neither of them (directly or indirectly) then added my own "set" commands for the "behave" options. I use

set selection=inclusive keymodel=startsel mousemodel=popup selectmode=mouse,key

(all on one line) which is "my own" preferred compromise between "behave unix" and "behave mswin". YMMV.

BTW, I do source the unmodified $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim (almost at the top of my vimrc) and it gives me no problems, neither under W32 nor under Linux.