Hi All:
I've been out of clue with this one: I have a thinkpad notebook, which
has backward and forward key just above <arrow back> and <arrow>
<forward>.

In X, I add the lines to ~/.Xmodmap:
keycode 234=F19
keycode 233=F20
to map the two keys to something useful. If I use gvim and type the
Forward and Backward key in insert mode, it indeed generates <F19> and
<F20> on screen.

However I always use vim under gnome-terminal or xterm. Sometimes I
accidentally hit the forward backward key, they capitalize to the
end/beginning of the word, whether I'm in normal or insert mode. I find
it extremely annoying. I'm trying to disable this.

And if I type ctrl-v in bash shell and then hit the forward/backward
key, it generates ^[[33~ and ^[[34~ which I assume are the literal
keystroke I'm sending to the terminal. However how do I map these into
something useful such as the <Left> and <Right> key, or instead the map
them to do nothing at all?

If you need more info do diagnose the problem, please let me, too!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Jiang