Weiguang Shi wrote:
Hi Vimmers,

Does Vim support something like editing within visual blocks? I'm
imagining here that Vim single out the current visual block as a
window and, while in this "Visual-Editing" mode, all the vim Normal mode commands apply to this window.

Or there could be some clever scripts to do the job?

Thanks.
Wei

Dr. Charles (Chip) Campbell has provided some scripts for doing clever things on blocks, which have been mentioned in several threads this week.

In "out-of-the-box" Vim, I suppose you can use blockwise cut-and-paste to extract the part of the file you want to edit and reinsert it afterwards. Watch out for strange effects if the block isn't rectangular anymore!