Hi

Am 10.08.2006 16:02:54 schrieb Alan G Isaac:

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Matthew Winn apparently wrote:
> > But "..." versus '...' is just as explicit.
>
> Ah, that explains why the question keeps coming up on this
> list and never in a Python forum ... Or not?
>
> > In fact, apart from Python and XML I can't think of any
> > languages that don't make a distinction between double and
> > single quotes, as it's an extremely useful difference and
> > it's a waste of a limited character set to ignore it.
>
> Hmm, "I guess you 'never need' nested quotes?"

As an additional note not especially related to ViM - with '...' and
"..." you have 2 kind of strings. But how do you express unicode-strings?
Use `...` or something like that? And what happens, when in the future
there will be a 4. string-type? With the syntax of python that's no
problem.

cu boesi
--
A Achkatz'l ofm Baam