David Venus wrote:
Hi!

I ran across a problem today where I could not enter 2 ">" characters in a
row into a KSH script I was editing. You could enter the first one, then
the screen would "flash" and repaint itself, then you could type any other
character except a ">". I had to enter a space than the 2nd ">", then
delete the space.

Is this a base VIM bug or a problem with the KSH syntax stuff? Anybody else
seen anything like this? This is the 7.0 release on Windows XP.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dave Venus

You might have a mapping or abbreviation

        :verbose map! <gt>
        :verbose iabbr <gt>

or a message could have been displayed too fast for you to notice

        :messages