On 2006-08-18, Charles E Campbell Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jerin Joy wrote:,
>

> > I have a lot of source code distributed over a directory hierarchy
> > structure. I always need to find class declarations, instances where
> > variables are set etc. Usually I just go to command line and run
> > something like
> > find . -name "*.vr" -print | xargs grep 'class foo'
> >
> > Isn't there an easier way to do this in vim? I can't use cscope since
> > the source is not in C.
> >
> Read   :help netrw-starstarpat  :
>
>   :Explore **//class foo
>
> for example.  You'll be presented with an netrw browser display in each
> subdirectory
> with matching files and the cursor on the first file that matches.  Use
> shift-up and shift-down
> to move the cursor to previous or subsequent files with matches.  Hit
> the <cr> when your
> cursor is on an "interesting" file to select and edit it.

I've never used the netrw's :Explore command before, but seeing
this, I read the help sections on pattern-searching and tried the
example from *netrw-starstar*.  It doesn't seem to work.  I'm using
Vim-7.0 and netrw v103 on SunOS 5.8.

    $ cd /home/garyjohn/src/SunOS/vim-7.0/vim70/src
    $ vim -N -u NONE
    :runtime plugin/netrwPlugin.vim
    :Explore **/*.c
    E77: Too many file names

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Wireless Division