On 8/28/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yongwei Wu wrote:
[...]
> However, it is only a *little* better. Scroll down to make the first
> comment line disappear on the top of the Vim window, and press Ctrl-L,
> highlighting will have problems. C comments have not this problem.
>
> More clues?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Yongwei

See the various flavours of the ":syntax sync" command:

     :help :syn-sync
     :help :syn-sync-maxlines
     :help :syn-sync-linebreaks
     :help :syn-sync-first   " fromstart
     :help :syn-sync-second  " ccomment
     :help :syn-sync-third   " minlines
     :help :syn-sync-fourth  " patterns: grouphere, groupthere, linecount

Thanks! I believe syn sync minlines should work in most of the cases.
However, I do find that there is some magic in C. Just save my syntax
file as c.vim in vimfiles\syntax, and the test.asm file (renamed as
test.c) works perfectly. Check attachment if interested.

Anyone knows where the magic is?

--
Wu Yongwei

        .386P
        .MODEL  FLAT, C
COMMENT *
This is some comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

More comment

COMMENT * trailing text
        .CODE
        mov             ax, 1
        .DATA
warn    DB    'Can''t find file.'         ; Can't find file.
        END