On 2006-08-31, budsz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a little problem, I do remote box A with console A using putty
> (under MS) then using vim open file A, I do copy a line with yy in
> file A, so I do remote to box B with console B using putty (under MS),
> then open file B, the question how to do paste to file B in console B
> without mouse (I do usually using mouse to block line then copy to
> another file)

There is a very nice PuTTY manual at

    http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.52/htmldoc/

I see nothing there about allowing applications to access the
clipboard, as would be necessary for vim users to be able to yank to
or put from the clipboard with "+y or "+p.  Further, there appears
to be no way to copy, paste or select using the keyboard.  From
Section 3.1.1:

    PuTTY's copy and paste works entirely with the mouse. In order
    to copy text to the clipboard, you just click the left mouse
    button in the terminal window, and drag to select text. When you
    let go of the button, the text is automatically copied to the
    clipboard. You do not need to press Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Ins; in fact,
    if you do press Ctrl-C, PuTTY will send a Ctrl-C character down
    your session to the server where it will probably cause a
    process to be interrupted.

So I think you're stuck using the mouse.

However, if you could remote to box A from box B, or to box B from
box A, you could remote to one of them from Windows, run 'screen' on
that box, open a new 'screen' window, remote to the other box, then
use 'screen's keyboard-driven copy and paste mechanism.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Wireless Division