Hi,

    I use Vim and Quickfix to compile C++ programs. I have set

        let &makeprg='g++ -o %< %'

as the compiler. My problem is that while compiling, vim goes to
the console, distracting me. I don't need the console, if I use
Quickfix! I would like it to stay in the buffer window.

     I made the following map:

map <silent> <Esc><Esc> :echohl WildMenu<cr>:echon "Compiling

that works great in gvim. It stays in the buffer, printing a bottom
message "Compiling file..." while compiling. But this does not work
for vim (console).

    How can I avoid vim to leave the buffer while compiling, without
making something like ':silent !g++...", since I want to use Quickfix?

    Thanks!!

        Luis.