--- "A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It doesn't. After pasting into an empty buffer via the clipboard,
> block-deleting the column of numbers (from the left margin up to, but
> not including, the s in "sub" at top and the last } at bottom) and
> setting 'filetype' to perl, I see all reserved words in brown,
> identifiers starting @ or $ in green including a preceding backslash if
> present, the identifier D also in green, strings and numbers in pink
> with the exception of backslash-escaped single quotes which are in
> mauve, regular expressions in pink and mauve between brown slashes, and
> the rest in black, all of it on a white background (this is gvim) from
> top to bottom of the text. The only thing doubtful (to me) is that,
> inside the double-quoted strings, ${logdir} is in pink but $! is in green.
>
> My Vim distribution uses ftplugin/perl.vim by Dan Sharp (2005 Dec 16)
> and syntax/perl.vim by Nick Hibma (2006 Aug 9).

That explains alot, then.  I was using perl syntax by Nick Hibma, October 18,
2005 (probably what was packaged with vim 7 when it was released).  Downloading
the latest version from ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/syntax/perl.vim
corrected the problem.

regards,
Peter

On Yahoo!7
360°: Share your blog, photos, interests and what matters most to you
http://www.yahoo7.com.au/360