A.J.Mechelynck wrote:

meilin wrote:

When I browse directory with vim 7.0 (with out gui),I want to edit a file
while vsplit the window.so I just move curse to the file I want then
press "v",but there is a little probem,the new windows always split to
the left.even I set the option "spr".

I want it split to the right. anyone please help?

    :let netrw_altv = 1

see ":help netrw-browse-var"

Hmm -- I think that the next netrw release will use the spr and sb options' values for default values for g:netrw_altv and g:netrw_alto, respectively. Its now available at my website: http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#VimFuncs as
"Network Oriented Reading, Writing, and Browsing" (v104b).

Regards,
Chip Campbell