Hi,

 I have two """problems""":

 1.) Splitting line into two from normal mode.
     My current "concept" (hu...great word...;) to split a line into
     two is (starting and ending in normal mode, which is wanted):

                i Ctrl-j <esc>

     Are there any shorter ways to split a line, may be without the
     detour around insert mode ?

 2.) Currently I am reading the ascii version of the vimtips file.
     One thing I would like to change physically (that means: The file
     should be changed that way, not only the visual
     representation...) are the super long lines into 72 chars ones.
         My attempt to do this was

                                gqG

     which reformats /everything/ (even the embedded scripts). As long
     as it was floating text, the result was ok, but the scripts were
     """obfuscated""".

         I would like to apply the gq-command only to lines longer than 72
         chars -- so the scripts were automagically skipped (as I
         hope...).

     How can I accomplish this ?

 As so often, thank you very much for your help in advance !

 Keep hacking!
 mcc