On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 at 7:27pm, Gary Johnson wrote:

> On 2006-08-27, Jim Tittsler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Aug 26, 2006, at 18:09, Gary Johnson wrote:
> >
> > > Pretty well.  The monitors have dual inputs, so I can switch them
> > > easily between the two PCs.  I don't have a way to switch a keyboard
> > > and mouse, though, so I have to shuffle the two keyboards and mice
> > > around when I want to use one machine or the other.  That, plus not
> > > being able to copy-and-paste between the two [...]
> >
> > Have you tried Synergy?  It allows you to share mouse/keyboard (and
> > even clipboards) between machines.  You will still have to hit the
> > video selection buttons if you want to have both monitors on a single
> > machine at once, but it solves the keyboard/mouse problem..
> >   http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/
>
> I've been waiting for a little free time to try this and finally
> found some.  This is fantastic!  It was really easy to install, too.
> The mouse and keyboard switch smoothly between the Linux and Windows
> boxes.  I don't have copy-and-paste working yet, and once the
> Windows (client) machine is locked, Ctrl-Alt-Del from the Linux
> server's keyboard doesn't work, but I'll try working these out
> tomorrow.
>
> Thank you so much for suggesting this.
>
> Regards,
> Gary

Thanks to this thread, I found good use for this software. I have been
using it for past 3 days now and it works great. With the combination of
hotkeys, I am able quickly switch between the screens. In the absence of
this software, I would have used MS remote desktop, or KVM switch, but
it is not the best use of the screens. Regarding the problem with
Ctrl-Alt-Del not working on windows machine, I find that Ctrl-Alt-Break
works instead, but I have the server also on windows, so YMMV.

--
Thanks,
Hari