On 9/23/06, Hari Krishna Dara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am wondering if it is possible to copy a file in the windows explorer
(MS windows) and then access the filename(s) from vim/gvim. I know there
are workarounds like dnd and sendto powertoy to send the filename to
clipboard, but they are not that convenience, as they either require
using the mouse or you need to use several key strokes.

It is easy to add SendTo items to file explorer. I think I had
a trick that added a SendTo item and when you selected it,
it puts filename to the clipboard. But I forgot how exactly I
did it, and (2) it does require mouse, although yuo can do it
with keyborad shortcuts like Shift-F10 ... I'm not using windows
anymore, forgot it. I was also using the Rename trick:
choose rename file in explorer, press Ctrl-C, and you have
filename in the clipboard.

Yakov