On 26/09/06, Gene Kwiecinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
Hope you don't mind if I pass along your critique above (name/email
redacted, natch; I try to respect other peoples' privacy) to another
private list, as U3 was a topic about a month or so ago.  Someone liked
the idea of being able to put Firefox and other stuff on a flash-thingy
and be able to have all his settings, bookmarks, etc., all able to be
dragged from machine to machine.  Don't know if he went and got a U3
thingy yet, but if this is an issue, he and others should know.

From what I can tell from the U3 website, it just uses PortableFirefox
to get firefox working on a flash drive.  That's available from John
Hallen's website anyway: you don't need any particular flash drive to
use it.

Hope that helps,

Al