From: "A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: .vim_logout ???
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:05:28 +0200

> Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I am looking for a way to execute some lines of vim-script everytime
> >  when ich leave vim (end the programm).
> >
> >  Are there any "hooks", which I can use for such a task ?
> >
> >  Keep hacking!
> >  mcc
> >

>       :autocmd VimLeave * " any ex-command here
>
> Most (but not all) autocommands can be placed on one line, separated by | (A
> few will take a following | as part of their arguments.)
>
> You can also use several ":autocmd" lines (the autocommands are executed in
> the order defined), or, if you want a more complex script, you can e.g. do
>
>       :autocmd VimLeave * source ~/.vim/macros/logout.vim
>
> see
>       :help :autocmd
>       :help VimLeave
>

> Best regards

Hi Tony !

 thanks a lot again for your hepl fuil reply !!!
 I only know "autocmd" for executing filetype related stuff - and
 therefore haven't even a spark of the idea to :he for that topic.

 The reason for asking is: I used t_SI and t_EI to switch the color of
 the cursor for INSERT and NORMAL mode to refect it a little nearer to
 the place where my looks at (the text normally and not the command
 line below). Sideeffect: When leaving vim, the cursor of the
 underlaying shell/terminal gets changed.

 This way I hope to revert the effect.

 Have a nice weekend!!!
 mcc