From: "A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: The meaning of nothing... ?
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:42:56 +0200

> Yakov Lerner wrote:
> [...]
> > Something more on the topic.
> >
> > - To print full termnifo capabilities of terminal 'xterm' from
> > file /usr/share/terminfo/x/xtern:
> >    infocmp xterm
> >
> > - to list all terminals in the  terminfo database:
> >   ls -R /usr/share/terminfo/
> >   toe
> >
> > Yakov
> >

> or maybe
>
>       ls -Rl /usr/share/terminfo > ~/termlist.txt
>
> On my system, there are 2502 names, including 1010 aliases (i.e. soft links).
>

> Best regards,
> Tony.

Hi Tony, hi Yakov! :)

 the term information database on my system is not the problem in that
 way. What I am trying to try :) is to dump the builtin term settings
 of vim in a way so I can manipulate the systems term settings, cause
 "many systems carry faulty termcap/terminfo databases". So -- if vims
 terminfo settings for a certain terminal are better -- why not to use
 them system wide ?

 It is not the problem to dump and or reveal the terminfos of my
 Linux.... :)

 Keep hacking!
 mcc