On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 at 6:53pm, Suresh Govindachar wrote:

>   Calvin Waterbury asked on Sunday, October 01, 2006 3:04 PM for
>   a "pasteboard feature".
>
>   > This is a feature that automatically captures clipboard content
>   > to a text file that has been designated as the "Pasteboard."
>   > Perhaps an example would clarify. If I had this feature
>   > implimented in VIM I would do the following:
>   >
>   >  - Open a text ed window
>   >  - Set it to be the "Pasteboard"
>   >  - Switch to whatever window I want to capture (webpage text
>   >    like a recipe, another text file, etc.) --- [1]Select the
>   >    first text item --- [2]Copy to clipboard --- [3]Repeat [1]
>   >    and [2] until done.
>   >    captures neatly separated by whatever separator (a line of
>   >    hyphens, equal signs, etc.) I had set in the "Options."
>   >  - Turn off the "Pasteboard"
>   >  - Save the file.
>
>   [Tony:  OP is asking about copying to a VIM buffer stuff fed to
>           the MS Windows clipboard _not_ from other VIM buffers but
>           from non-vim applications.]
>
>   One way to implement this feature is by using VIM's support for
>   perl and the Win32::Clipboard module.
>
>   --Suresh

How about looping in a vim script for changes in clipboard register and
paste it into a buffer everytime a change is detected? The :sleep
command accepts millisecond granularity, so you can tune the wait period
such that you can detect the changes fast enough without seein 100% CPU.

Once you enter into the loop, you can't use the Vim session for anything
else, but then this may not be bad as you are not using Vim during that
time, and you can start other Vim sessions if you still need to use Vim.

--
HTH,
Hari