Dnia środa, 4 października 2006 05:06, Hari Krishna Dara napisał:

> > No. They are inserting some version of keycode: OA, OB, OC, OD. In gui
> > everything works well. In menus enabled
>
> Doesn't that just mean your term is not properly setup? I tried it on
> win32 console vim and it worked just fine.

It is normal setup.
Arrows doesn't work in xterm, konsole, rxvt.

> > Bug: When completely remove value, leave field and later return
> > to it default value is forgotten, Esc is going to Normal mode.
>
> This is not a bug. When you leave the field, the value is immediately
> saved, which means the new empty value overwrote the old value. When you
> return back to the field, this empty value becomes your new default
> value.

Hmm. Not sure if this is expected behavior, maybe other users could tell
more?

> > Bug: Form is creating swap file which makes hard to use simultaneously
> > the same form in various Vims when editing files in the same
> > directory. Solution: Add 'setl noswapfile' after 'setl nomodified' in
> > SetupBuf function (this is local option and but it is easier to read
> > when explicitly declaring as local).
>
> This is really not a bug. Since the user is creating the buffer, it is
> his responsibility to set noswapfile if he is intending to open the same
> form multiple times. We could set noswapfile in forms, but then if the
> Vim crashes in the middle of the form entry, the user could loose some
> important data :)

OK. At least for demo use just "new" instead of "new Form".

> I don't know if this is more intuitive, but I know Java Swing/AWT
> framework (the only GUI framework that I am familiar with) doesn't have
> separate widgets.

OK.

> We have to be careful in doing this. E.g., if you change the height
> while there is only one window, Vim will behave strangely.

Yes.

> I don't know
> if there is any similar side effect of changing the width when there is
> only one window.

No.

> Again, since user is creating the window for now I
> think we should leave this to the user. When buffer management is
> implemented in forms, we can set these parameters.

Problem with current implementation is that user cannot influence
dimensions of buffer. Before calling ShowForm he don't know them later
it doesn't work. Don't know why, when placing above lines after ShowForm
call formwidth is computed but it only places _ in first field.

> > Unfortunately it goes wild when form will be opened in vertical
> > window...
>
> What do you mean?

Status lines goes up.

One bug:

On X11 @* (you are using to store form in clipboard) is
selection, which means that it will be overwritten by [OK] (visually
selected with normal navigation). At least on Unix systems you should
use @+ clipboard (don't know how it works on Windows). BTW - you don't
have to play with if/endif::

        let @* = address
        let @+ = address

will do.

Another thing. Until now I was only playing with demo. Now I tried to do
my own form and have one thing to say:

Listener stuff is complicated. Can it be done simpler?

m.