I have used your script, but it can't content me.
I want to find the file under the current dir, its subdir or maybe its
sub-subdir. So I hope while I'm inputting the filename, the popup menu
should display the paths with the file, not the dir, containing the
characters I input.

--
With regards
Zheng Da

On 10/15/06, Hari Krishna Dara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 at 3:41pm, Zheng Da wrote:

> Hello.
> I want to open a file, and I know its name, but don't know the path.
> I want to use the command "find". For example I want to open the file
> space.cc, and use the command :find space.cc. I know the file may be
> in the current directory, or the subdirectories, but always get the
> error E345: Cannot find file "space.cc" in path. I use the default
> path, it should be .,/usr/include,,. (I use Linux).
> So what's the problem? And how to open the file I want?

You got the answer for using :find command already, but I would like to
suggest you to try my LookupFile plugin that allows you to use the Vim7
popup completion to do this using custom tags files.

http://www.vim.org//script.php?script_id=1581

--
HTH,
Hari