* Yakov Lerner [2006.10.23 07:00]:
> If you look at lines 879-884 of the left pane,
> and lines 1583-1588 of the right pane  you can
> see blue "signs" near line numbers. What do they
> signify ?

They mean those lines are an open diff fold.

> I just did "vimdiff" and no special options.
> What do they mean, those spooky "signs", in the
> middle of no-difference region ?

Precisely that there are no differences in that
region, which is why it can be safely folded away
by the "fold" commands.

I notice you have the default 'context:6' in your
'diffopt', since there are 6 lines between the
delimited fold and the adjacent differences.

--
JR