--- "A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Peter Hodge wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having trouble with OS X GUI, none of the highlighting is in Bold.  Is
> > this a Bug, or does Bold font just not work in the OS X gui?
> >
> > regards,
> > peter
>

> It may depend on your 'guifont'. Some font faces have no bold glyphs, others
> no italic, etc. Here, when I set 'guifont' to "SUSE Sans Mono 9", all italics
>
> appear bolded; on "B&H LucidaTypewriter" there are no italics at all, ...
>
> If your GUI flavour accepts it, try ":set gui=*" (without the quotes) and
> select the "regular" version of a font which has also "bold" "italic" etc.
>
> If it doesn't accept it, you'll have to find from another source which font
> names are valid on your system, and then find by hit-and-miss some font
> having
> regular, bold, etc.

I can use guifont=*, and have tried many different fonts which have bold and
italic glyphs. The problem is that no matter which font I choose, Vim refuses
to show text in Bold (Unless I choose a font which has only a bold glyph).  I
get the impression it's a shortcoming of the OS X GUI, because underlined text
doesn't work either (Vim reverses the bg/fg colors instead).

regards,
Peter

On Yahoo!7
Messenger: Share up to 1GB of files in the IM window
http://au.messenger.yahoo.com