On 11/2/06, Robert Cussons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
First of all, very sorry, I sent this out with the wrong subject line
before as it was going to be a different question that I then managed to
  resolve myself.

Thanks for your reply Theerasak, would folding the comments make any
difference though, I thought that Vim searched folded text as well.

Nichts zu danken. Wirklich...ich denk', vielleicht, dass ich Sie noch
nicht genug hilfe.

See :help 'foldopen'. In this case, :set foldopen-=search

Also
I'm not that sure how to use folds but I have just found section 28.1 of
the user manual so will have a read about them.

I'm a little foggy on actual generating folding expressions, b/c I
started using Vim only a week ago, but I guarantee you using folds in
Vim once you have them set up is both intuitive and awesome.