On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 11:12:19AM -0700, Daryl Lee wrote:
> This may be a Windows issue, but maybe someone here can help me solve it.
> Using gVim, when I open a file with .h extension and then try to open
> another .h file, the FileOpen dialog has the file filter set to
> "*.cpp,*.c++".  I have to manually force it back to either All or *.h.  Is
> there some way to override that behavior?  I'd prefer "All", which is the
> equivalent of what I get on Linux under KDE, where there is no filter at
> all in the FileOpen dialog.

     Have you (or some script) set a (global or buffer-local)
browsefilter variable?

:echo g:browsefilter
:echo b:browsefilter

(If both commands generate errors, then the answer is no.)  If I read

:help browsefilter

correctly, then the simplest solution is to add

:let g:browsefilter = "All Files\t*.*\n"

to your vimrc file.  A more complicated solution is to add something
like

:let b:browsefilter = "C files\t*.c;*.h;*.cpp;*.c++All Files\t*.*\n"

to an ftplugin for C files.  Ask again if you need more details.

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher

P.S.  It seems that b:browsefilter *is* set in the default ftplugin (but
only on Windows systems).  So see

:help ftplugin-overrule