Paul Stone wrote:
Both methods worked like a charm.  Thanks very much!!  :)

Setting it to USERPROFILE is a little more elegant, so I will go with that.

I'm back to happy Vimming!

Paul Stone

What is "more" or "less" elegant than something else is a question of opinion. Beware though, that the method below changes $HOME within Vim for all users (all login names) on your system.

On 11/21/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Paul Stone wrote:
> Just to be clear, my User Profiles directory is in the usual spot on
> the C: drive.  It's just the HOMEDRIVE, HOMEDIR, and HOMESHARE
> environment variables that are pointing to the network.
>
> Paul Stone

Then it's even easier than what I suggested: if everyone can accept to use their %USERPROFILE% directory as the "Vim Home" directory, then you can write

        let $HOME = $USERPROFILE

in the global $VIM/vimrc