On 2006-11-24, at 20:22, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:

Krzysztof MaJ wrote:
On 2006-11-24, at 13:18, Krzysztof Maj wrote:
Hugh Sasse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> napisał(a):
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Krzysztof Maj wrote:

Hello everybody,
I've found that VIM7 has a feature called spellchecking. Great,
because it
could be very usefull. But my question is how does it works on Mac OSX,
 how

Do you have reason to believe it works differently on Mac OSX compared
to other platforms?  Or are you just telling us your platform?

Well, my platform at home is currently Mac OSX and I've found that some
things work diffrent, that's why I asked. I didn't know before, that
spellcheking engine has been built in VIM. So I started to worry about it
since Mac OSX doesn't have ispell or aspell by default.

to configure it on this platform and choose the language which I wanna

:he spell
:he spelllang

OK, we'll see if VIM has iso-8859-2 or cp1250 or Mac syntax which I wanna
use...
I've checked above and seems that VIM7 does not have iso-8859-2 and
cp1250 files included in MacOSX dmg file and also in Windows distro.
I had to download it from the internet and put it manually to spell
directory at both Mac and Windows platforms.
When I did :set spelllang=pl and then :set spell VIM said no file.
So maybe I missed something or Polish support for spelling is not
included in the VIM7 package.

should be sufficient to answer this.
prefer? Additionally, is it any chance to ommit special characters
during
the spellcheck in LaTeX files for instance?
:he spell-syntax
essentially, yes.

Thanks for pointer, I'll read it for sure.

Krzysztof Maj
--Pozdrawiam - Krzysztof Maj
 I'm a Mac now, are you PC?
Oh, dear... ;-)

I see

pl.cp1250.spl
pl.iso-8859-2.spl
pl.utf-8.spl

in the directory $VIMRUNTIME/spell

These files are (IIUC) cross-platform. Maybe you don't have spelling (or at least spelling dictionaries) installed? Did you get Vim from official sources or from a third party? If official, did you include the "lang" (language) sources?

Well I've get VIM from the vim.org site for windows and from macvim.org for Mac platform. But I downloaded only a VIM package without any additional sources - lang sources as you said. On Mac this is a DMG package, so when I open a content of the package I didn't find this file. In the spell directory I have a subdirectory pl, but it contained only two files: main.aap and pl_PL.diff :-(

--
Pozdrawiam - Krzysztof Maj
 I'm a Mac now, are you PC?