On Tue 28-Nov-06 10:58am -0600, Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:

> AsNeeded doesn't set up transparent map use; my reasoning
> is that one may wish to have several plugins which have
> conflicting maps.  Often one only wants to run one such
> plugin at a time.  In particular, the cvscommand plugin
> and Calendar have conflicting maps.  If I had AsNeeded
> attempt to set up transparent map use, then AsNeeded would
> "inherit" the conflicting map problem and issue complaints
> at startup.

Perhaps we are using the term "transparent" with different
meanings.  I have a mapping in my vimrc for a horizontal
calendar display:

When I start Gvim and type :scriptnames, I see no references
to calendar.vim.

I then type \ch (my leader is unmodified) and the calendar
is displayed.  Now :scriptnames shows that calendar.vim was
sourced from AsNeeded.

That's what I am calling "transparent" - and I very much
like it that way.

Thanks for your response and thanks for creating AsNeeded.

Bill