2006/12/5, Taylor, Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I have been using VIM for years to do my development and feel I am a
competent user. I have done some minor tweaks in my .vimrc but I have
never written a plugin and very rarely do any scripting in the editor.
But, I want to take it to the next level. I esp want to start scripting
functionality (preferrably in VIM 7 via Ruby).

I also do most of my programming and writing in VIM (other than when I
am doing Eclipse RCP development).

I remember there being a couple of VIM books out there. Are any worth
reading for someone like me? Recommendations?

TIA.

>Kevin Taylor

I have a friend who had started use vim just 2 months ago, but he had written a
set of very nice plugins for id-utilities and tag jump. What he had
learn from is
only the two old plugins: Project and TagList. He said read the
Taglist plugin is
enough to write your own.

Regards.
Yu Jianrong