On 12/27/06, Toon Knapen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 1) It mentions a (make-) rule to generate a types.vim file from a types
>> file. Am I correct in supposing this 'types' file is actually the tags
>> file ?
>
> Well, the name of the tags file is customarily 'tags' or 'TAGS'.

That is the reason why I am not sure the 'types' file is actually the
tags file because the tags file is generally named 'tags'. So is this
'types' file the actual tags file?

(I hope you don't mind that I am putting this on the mailing list---I
like to share my thoughts with everyone.)

The material in the manual is evidently based on outdated information,
as the ctags invocation given doesn't work---however, I will point you
to the excellent Vim taglist plugin, which is very current and can
also highlight tags: