Hi

So apparently when manually navigating a file in vim you can set a marker by
typing "ma" at the point of your choosing, the other 25 are represneted by b-z.
Great stuff.

But what I'd like to is have vim put in the markers itself, based on a regex I
give it. So I suppose I need some sort of exec command the kind used in unix
find, etc. i.e.

:%s/myfabregex/exec "ma"/g

of course that will only work for the first marker, so I will need a loop that
increments alphabetically, which I also don't know how to do (numerically, yes)

Would that be possible? The idea is that I could navigate long documents using
the markers.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.