Hi all :)

    My system is latin-1, so I want my files written using latin-1
encoding. But sometimes I get files in utf8 encoding, so I set up my vim
like this:

    set encoding =latin1
    set fileencoding =latin1
    set fileencodings =ucs-bom,utf-8,latin1

    This last line is causing big problems to me. Everytime I edit one
of MY files, not the utf8 imported files, vim converts it to utf-8,
because while ucs-bom may fail as an encoding, utf-8 not.

    My problem will be gone if I set "fileencodings" to just latin1, but
then I won't get utf-8 files automagically converted and presented to me
in a readable form.

    Is there any way to get what I want, that is, to have ALL my files
edited as latin1 but convert utf-8 files properly without using the
"++enc" thing?

    Thanks a lot in advance :))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado