Hello,

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Vinicius Pinto wrote:

I'm using Vim 7.0 on Windows XP and my keyboard mapping is set so
brazilian portuguese (ABNT2). The problem is that sometimes when I'm
using Vim, it changes the mapping to US, so, for example, when I type
the "Ç" key, it prints a quote. If I close Vim and open again, it's
back to the correct mapping.

I'm not sure what's happening, but it seems that the problem occurs
when I alternate between windows using ALT+Tab. Is there anyone with
this problem?

Thanks,
Vinicius

That is not a bug, it's a Windows feature: if you have multiple keyboard layouts installed you can switch between them by pressing CTRL+SHIFT. This can be annoying and you can switch it off somewhere in Control-Panel. It's rarely documented but you can find it here: "http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc/html/atg_keyboardshortcuts.asp"; and here: "http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000pro/proddocs/probook/prof06.mspx";

Regards

Stefan Kell