On 1/29/07, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't know a purely native-Windows way of doing it (though I suspect Bill
might). If you have a functioning rsync program (maybe a Cygwin version) you
could try the "Unix" method to keep the runtime directory up-to-date. The
following maintains the runtime/ subdirectory tree which has the same parent
as the src/ directory used to compile Vim; you can then update $VIMRUNTIME
from it locally (not wasting bandwidth). Don't use this as written (changing
the last argument) to update $VIMRUNTIME directly because this would remove
all executables in it or under it, since it removes everything in the local
tree that is not found in the remote one (a great feature, so obsolete files
won't give you any trouble). I suppose that even if you don't compile Vim
yourself, you could use this to keep a phony "runtime" directory up-to-date
(and that if you create an empty "runtime" directory under the current
directory, the first run of this command will populate it):

  rsync -avzcP --delete --exclude="/dos/" ftp.nluug.nl::Vim/runtime/ ./runtime/

I use rsync too, but I use a script file to ensure the correct files
are updated and deleted under the Windows Vim run-time file tree. If
you are interested, check

http://wyw.dcweb.cn/download.asp?path=vim&file=update_vimruntime.sh

Best regards,

Yongwei