On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:08:29 -0800
"George V. Reilly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried to build Vim with MzScheme support on Ubuntu a few months ago
> and couldn't figure out what I needed to do to get MzScheme included
> in Vim. I got everything all the other supported languages working.
>
> Can you summarize what you did?

This took a little playing around with, because the configure script
thinks that you've got all your PLT stuff installed in the same place,
which on Ubuntu isn't the case.  The MzScheme packages on Ubuntu
install some stuff into /usr/lib/plt and the include files
into /usr/include/plt. Configure needs to know about both of these
paths, but only allows you to specify one, using --with-plthome, which
you should set to /usr/lib/plt.  Then inside this directory create a
symlink called "include" which points to /usr/include/plt.  You
shouldn't need any packages other than mzscheme (at least, I didn't need
any that weren't already installed).

It was kind of a tricky process in total, so I chronicled my adventures
in compiling Vim for Xubuntu on my website.  I used Aap to fetch the
source, but the standard make procedure to install it.  Here's the URL:

http://www.metasyntax.net/?section=unix&page=vim#xubuntu

Please let me know if you notice that I've missed anything important.

--
Taylor Venable
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability."       -- Edsger Dijkstra