Hi,

Whenever I paste something into vim, it gets staircased. Is there a way to avoid copy/paste being staircased even when I have ai, cin or si turned on? I usually need the options and it's cumbersome to turn them off only for pasting and on again after pasting.

770 | EPSY435,STAT303,EHRD489 |
             900 | CPSC110,CPSC206         |

If I open the file with vi (not vim) and paste the same, it does not happen.

770 | EPSY435,STAT303,EHRD489 |
900 | CPSC110,CPSC206         |

Since "pasting" usually has dedicated or no keystrokes (shift+insert/control+v or middle/right mouse button), is there a way for me to tell vim that ai, cin, or si should not interfere when I do pasting?

I mostly work on unix platforms, so unix-only solution also works for me.

Thanks.

Ben K.
Developer
http://benix.tamu.edu