>I asked this question before, but it wasn't really resolved. I often
>have to paste from Word for Windows into vim/gvim (cygwin).

>Some characters don't transfer properly. Most annoyingly is that a
>single quote ( ' ) turns into this: ¿

>Is there an easy way around this?

Iirr, M$W uses directional squotes/dquotes, so you're not in fact getting plain
ol' char 27H, but something >80H.

Iirr, it folds down to ^R when 7-bitted (see that a lot in viing saved emails
that people send with those weirdo characters), so that's 80H + 12H == 92H, no?

Might be an option on M$W to save-as-DOS-text or something, or turn *off*
"smart-quotes", or something along those lines.

I try to not use M$W except at gunpoint, so can't really tell you more than
that as far as M$W options, etc., but that's what I strongly suspect is
happening.

Helps any?