On 15Feb2007 15:30, James Kanze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| On 2/15/07, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| >I'm using "It's All Text!" now.  Just had to create a shell script to
| >start gvim, because it doesn't allow you to give arguments to the
| >command.  I'm using this (on Unix, obviously):
|
| >        #!/bin/sh
| >        gvim -f "$@"
|
| I can't seem to get it to work; gvim comes up all right, but as
| if it was started without any file arguments.  Adding an echo to
| the shell script shows that in fact, it isn't being passed any
| arguments.  Is there something special I have to do in the
| preferences of "It's All Text!" to tell it how to pass a
| filename.

Um, no? It should just work. IAT only lets you supply the path to the
edit command, so it must pass the file as an argument - it seems to for
my setup. You're certain the script gets not arguments - you're echoing
$# and $* ?

| >Store this in a file, make it executable, and set it from
| >Tools/Add-ons/It's All Text/Preferences
|
| >The plugin can be found here:
| >        https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/4125/
|
| >Warning: If you set the preferences to use Vim firefox gets stuck.
|
| Not if you've started it from an xterm; vim comes up in the
| xterm.  (But Firefox does hang until you exit vim.)

That's surprising.
--
Cameron Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Do not go gentle into that good night. Old age should burn and rave at the
closing of the day.  Rage, rage at the dying of the light!