Hi there.

You might want to check out
http://everything101.sourceforge.net/docs/papers/java_and_vim.html if you
haven't already - it's got some nice tips on it regarding working with ant and
java in general.

I wondered if I could hastily add my own question to this mix though; with the
error format:

autocmd FileType java set efm=%A\ %#[javac]\ %f:%l:\ %m,%-Z\ %#[javac]\
%p^,%-C%.%#

I've been having some issues with vim opening the 'wrong' file. For some
reason, when compiling - if any errors crop up - hitting enter when the compile
output has finished seems to open a file which is in the *build* directory ant
uses (I think) just temporarily whilst building.

So for example if some file errors such as "src/org/whatever/yeah.java" upon
enter seems to open the "build/src/org/whatever/yeah.java" file which is
obviously undesirable since it's not the 'proper' file I want to correct the
changes in.

Could anybody shed some light on this behaviour? Is there an error with my
error format? :)

Cheers,

Gavin.