On Apr 13, 2006, at 11:30 AM, Andre Massing wrote:

Andre Massing schrieb:
Benji Fisher schrieb:

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 02:50:28PM +0200, "André Massing" wrote:

Hi All,

I defined an abbrevation :ab NK Newton-Kaskade , but to my surprise this abbrevation is not expanded in Insert Mode after typing <Space>, (but was expanded with <Tab> or <Esc>.) Actually it works properly only if I use iab NK Newton-Kaskade. This phenomena only occurs when I use gvim7 but neither in a terminal vim7 nor in any (gui or non-gui) prior version of vim (6.4.7).
Is this a bug in gvim7?

I cannot confirm this. Did you check for conflicting abbreviations
and trailing spaces in the :ab command?

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher

Yes I did, there were no other abbrevations and no trailing spaces. Actually I realizied that some problems occur with my settings if I load an old session via source. Last time when I started with an old sessin, my textwidth were not recognized and although set tw? showed me the assigned value, vim did not break any line automatically. But it broke lines with the gq command. Starting a new
gvim7, everything worked fine (tw, abbrevations and so on).
That seems rather strange to me. Any suggestions how I could investigate this problem since this phenomena prevents me from using sessions and forces me to remember and reopen all my files I had worked on (which is sometimes quite hard
for me :-) )

Best wishes
Andre

Okay, now I realized that there is no connection with my sourced session but rather with some (LaTeX) files. So simply loading a (special) LaTeX File breaks
some settings (both in vim and gvim, version 6 and 7).

Andre

Hello,
I have been suffering from similar frustrations, being unable to utilize my abbreviations within Latex. Were you by any chance able to resolve this? Any clue as to what is necessary to fix it?

Thanks!

Brent