On 2/26/07, Benjamin McMillan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't know if this is a bug, so for now I'm going to post it on this
list. Maybe I'm just using the wrong option.

I'm using the BufReadPost au to echo the filename to screen, but this
is causing visual artifacts when I change buffers: some of the
characters from the previous buffer appear in the current buffer. I've
also tried other au's, but either they also result in artifacts or
they don't achieve the original goal of echoing the filename.

It seems a lot of people use this au to do stuff, but no-one has
talked about artifacts related to it. Happens in vim7 - haven't
checked vim6.

au BufReadPost * silent !echo -e "\x1bk%\x1b\\"

Yes, visual grabage after "silent !..." is documented [1].
You'll need to add the ":redraw!" command to restore the screen.

[1] ':help :!', then move  24 lines down:
                                 :silent !{cmd}
                       The screen is not redrawn then, thus you have to use
                       CTRL-L or ":redraw!" if the command did display
                       something.

Yakov