> Tom Purl wrote:
>> However, there are still people, including Bram, who seem to feel pretty
>> strongly about using the Google wiki.  Bram, are we going down the wrong
>> track by planning for a non-Google wiki?  For this site, I think it's
>> very important that we get as close to a consensus as possible regarding
>> who will do the hosting.
>
> No, I don't feel strongly about using the Google wiki.  It was just an
> idea that came up.  Being able to use the large server base and
> cleverness of Google would be an advanage.  But there are also
> disadvantages, mainly that it's not simple to let everybody edit the
> wiki.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

> Using wikibooks.org sounds attractive, but I don't see any protection
> against spamming.  And that is exactly what happens to the Vim tips.
> It's just a matter of time before this happens on wikibooks.org too.

I agree that spam protection should be our top priority.

> Besides that, transferring all existing tips to the wiki needs to be
> tried out.

I don't understand what you mean here.  Are you saying that we should
move forward with a Google wiki conversion, irrespective of whether or
not we end up using the Google wiki?  Converting all of the files
getting "sign-off" from the Vim community would probably takes more than
a couple of weeks.  This seems like a lot of time to spend for on a
solution that looks like it may not pan out.

I too am in favor of making steady progress with the conversion, but
converting the tips before we pick a wiki seems to be the wrong order of
operations to me.

Thanks!

Tom Purl