--- Hugh Sasse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Alexander Farber wrote:
>
> > Hello Hugh,
> >
> > On 3/1/07, Hugh Sasse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Actually I edit .sh, .pl, .c, .h, .java and .as files
> > and like to have similar colors (like inverted comments)
> > everywhere. So probably this is not the best way?
>
> Then I'm not really sure what is, hopefully someone else will
> jump in here....

Hello,

If you insist on having your colors inside .vimrc, then you can do it like
this:

  augroup MyColors
  autocmd!
  autocmd ColorScheme * hi Cursor     term=inverse   ctermfg=black
  guifg=black guibg=green
  autocmd ColorScheme * hi Visual     term=inverse   ctermfg=yellow
ctermbg=black guifg=yellow guibg=black
  autocmd ColorScheme * hi Comment    term=inverse   ctermfg=white
ctermbg=black guifg=white guibg=black
  autocmd ColorScheme * hi Identifier term=NONE      ctermfg=black
  guifg=black
  autocmd ColorScheme * hi Constant   term=underline ctermfg=red
  guifg=red
  autocmd ColorScheme * hi Statement  term=bold      ctermfg=blue
  guifg=blue
  autocmd ColorScheme * hi PreProc    term=NONE      ctermfg=black
  guifg=black gui=underline
  autocmd ColorScheme * hi Special    term=NONE      ctermfg=red
  guifg=red
  autocmd ColorScheme * hi Type       term=bold      ctermfg=blue
  guifg=blue
  augroup end

otherwise, you can download my AfterColors plugin:

and move your highlight commands into $HOME\vimfiles\after\colors\common.vim'.

regards,
Peter