On 3/8/07, Kevin Old <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/8/07, Kevin Old <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've recently found the new HTML.zip
> (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=453) utility and want
> to use it with my setup.  By itself HTML.zip works fine.
>
> Thing is, I use HTML::Mason as my template language for Perl and I
> have my setfiletype defined in filetypes.vim as:
>
> au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.html        setfiletype mason
>
> But, when it's defined this way, I'm not able to use the HTML.zip as
> it's not loaded.
>
> Is there any way I can have the best of both worlds and have my mason
> syntax highlighting and the usage of HTML.zip?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Kevin
> --
> Kevin Old
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

After reading this, I think I should ask it a different way.  I'll
want to set my filetype to html so that it gets the functionality from
HTML.zip, but would like to keep my mason syntax highlighting.  To get
this to work, each .html file I open I have to execute :set
syntax=mason and I get what I want.

I'd like to figure out a way to do this automatically.

For the archives, I did and here's how.  Hope this helps someone.

autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.{html} set syntax=mason

--
Kevin Old
[EMAIL PROTECTED]