Kamaraju S Kusumanchi schrieb:
Andy Wokula wrote:
Simple way (recommended or not, at least quick) with sessions:

:mks
" use ! to overwrite existing Session.vim
:tabnew
:so Session.vim

Just guessed it might work and it works.
Now I think sessions don't include tabpages.

This works although I use tabe instead of tabn. But there is a small
problem. If I have three already existing tabs, and if I want to clone only
the second tab into a new tab then it does not work. Any other suggestions?

thanks
raju

Ok tabpages are included in the session per default.  Try
:set sessionoptions-=tabpages
first.

:help 'sessionoptions'

Then use again
:mks
" use ! to overwrite existing Session.vim
:tabnew
:so Session.vim
Andy

--