>I have a 9MB XML files I am working with.

Eep!

>I would like to select a block of about 90,000 lines in a file and copy
them
>to the clipboard so they can be pasted in another file.

Via 'vim', or another program/editor?

>Is there anyway to say to vim:
>"Start selecting on line 3, and continue selecting to 90,000" ?

Me personally?  Would go to the first line to be selected and

        mm

then go to the last line to be selected and

        mn

then

        :'m,'nw qwqwqw

to write it out to a junkfile 'qwqwqw' (pick an equally nonsensical
filename you'll remember to delete afterward).

Then go to the file to incorporate the new text, go to the line where
you want to read it in, and

        :.r qwqwqw

and be done with it.  No monkeying around with the clipboard wondering
if the system will puke on something that big.

Natch, delete 'qwqwqw' unless you want to keep it around for another
insertion elsewhere.