On 2007-04-16, fREW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Alternatively use cc to edit the ostensibly blank line. This will open
> > the line using the correct auto indent. Get into this habit and it
> > doesn't matter what state the line was in before - you always get the
> > right indentation.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >

>  I tried cc and S and neither of them correctly reindented the line for
>  me.  What gives?

It may depend on the indentation mechanism being used.  That is, on
whether you're using 'autoindent', 'cindent', 'indentexpr' or
something else.  For example, it works fine when I edit C code (with
'cindent' set) but not in this e-mail (with only 'autoindent' set).
If I indent this paragraph, then try to add a line below the last
line by typing S or cc on that empty line, the new line starts in
column 1.  I don't know why that is.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Mobile Broadband Division