On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 20:04 +0200, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
> Steve Hall wrote:
> > The current right-click menu on GUI tabs is hardcoded....Could we
> > at least change the menu item names to the exact command being
> > executed barring the option to customize these?
>
> When using GUI-style tabs (in the GUI, but only if 'guioptions'
> includes "e") I see three menu items:
>
>   Close
>   New tab
>   Open tab...
>
> These titles seem to me to accurately describe the operations
> performed. Which titles would you prefer?

Exactly what command is being used would be better I think, for
example instead of "Close":

  :close
  ZZ
  :tabclose
  :tabclose!

The user isn't really sure what it does so it's a risk to use it.

> The fact that the menu is hardcoded presents two problems:
> - it cannot be customized
> - it cannot be invoked via ":emenu", e.g. in a mouseless console.

I'm more interested in the first--doesn't the current
monolithicity(?!) seem so un-Vim-like?

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]