I would like to auto-wrap emails and set formatoptions to tcqlaqw with:

autocmd FileType mail set formatoptions+=aw

Other than missing the mentioned "j" in vim 7.0 to make join remove
comment leaders this works great for the body of the message.  Trouble
is that I have mutt configured to pass in headers, and obviously do not
want header lines wrapped.

Any ideas on how to configure vim to not wrap the header but do wrap the
body of a mail automatically?  mail syntax already knows what a header
looks like including quoted headers, so perhaps there is a way to use
that?

/Allan