From: Maciej Kalisiak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 1:32 PM
To: vim@vim.org
Subject: path shortcuts (variables?) on commandline?

Can anyone recommend any nice shortcuts for entering common long paths on the
commandline?  My situation: I am running on Windows XP and often end up typing
:e c:/Documents\ and\ Settings/User/Desktop/foo/bar/...  I currently use
Tab/completion to get each path element, but this is still very slow,
especially considering how frequently I enter the Desktop subpath.  Ideally I'd
like to use some sort of variable, along the lines of :e %DESKTOP%/foo/bar, but
not sure what the most sane way to do this is, considering the large variety of
variable types in Vim.